2022/2023 OWSD Ph.D. Fellowships for Developing Countries
2022/2023 OWSD Ph.D. Fellowships for Developing Countries: Applications are invited from suitably qualified women scientists from science and technology-lagging countries to undertake Ph.D. research in the natural, engineering, and information technology sciences.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Fellowship program is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency aimed at contributing to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
Eligibility Criteria For OWSD Ph.D. Fellowships 2022/2023
To be eligible for the OWSD Ph.D. Fellowships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be women scientists from science- and technology-lagging countries.
- Applicants must confirm that they intend to return to their home country as soon as possible after the completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must have obtained an MSc degree in an eligible study field.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals.
- A modest annual support allowance.
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute.
- Visa expenses.
- Annual medical insurance contribution.
- Opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops.
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees).
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the OWSD Ph.D. Fellowships 2022 are to apply online by the application deadline. Applicants are to submit the following supporting documents:
- Ph.D. research proposal outline
- Degree certificates and transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae
- Preliminary acceptance letter
- Letter of commitment
- Reference letters
- Registration and No objection certificate
- Supporting statement from home supervisor
The Application Deadline is 15th April 2022
Interested applicants can visit the official webpage for more details.