Concordia University through the Faculty of Arts and Science in collaboration with the Social Justice Centre is launching a competition for the Barry Pashak Postdoctoral Fellowship in Social Justice for the 2022-2023 academic year.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The offer is a 1-year research postdoc at the Social Justice Centre at Concordia University in Montreal (downtown campus). Subject to evaluation, the position is renewable for an additional 12 months. The Salary is CAD 52,000 (including benefits).
Details of Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship
The primary responsibility of the fellow will be to carry out their research project, which must be on a topic in social justice. Additionally, the fellow is expected to give a presentation on their research during the academic year, participate in all activities of the Centre, and organize one event related to their research. There is no teaching associated with this position.
For the purposes of this fellowship, social justice is defined broadly to include questions related to the distribution of wealth, power, opportunities, and privileges within a society as well as across societies.
Eligibility Criteria for Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship
To be eligible for Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applications are open to scholars from any discipline in social sciences or humanities, who will make significant contributions to research on social justice.
- The postdoc is open to candidates who have recently been awarded a PhD or equivalent (within the last 5 years, unless special circumstances apply).
- Applicants should have fluent oral and written communication skills in English
How To Apply
Documents should be emailed to sjc@concordia. Please submit a single, bookmarked PDF including the documents listed below, in the order in which these are listed.
- Academic CV
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Research Proposal (2 pages). Description of your research project during the fellowship. This project must be on a topic related to social justice
- Two letters of recommendation. These letters should focus on your proposed research. They should be emailed by the referee or via a dossier service to the same address as your documents ([email protected]).
The selected applicant will be expected to fulfil the requirements to become a postdoctoral fellow at Concordia University. To legally work in Canada, International Postdoctoral Fellows must obtain a Canadian work permit prior to arrival at Concordia.
The Application Deadline is 15th May 2022