2022/2023 UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Undergraduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The Université de Montréal is delighted to welcome applications from eligible students wishing to apply for UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students. The University introduces a new scholarship program for exemption from additional tuition fees for international students.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The goal of this new program is to help the best talent from around the world attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world. In turn, these international students will help fulfil our educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community.
Details of UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students
The UdeM exemption scholarship program is designed to support international candidates in their university studies. Starting in the fall of 2020, they could benefit from an exemption from the tuition fees normally charged to international students.
The granting of scholarships continues for winter 2022, summer 2022, fall 2022, and winter 2023 terms.
To be eligible for UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who hold a study permit and who are neither permanent residents nor Canadian citizens.
- Applicants who will be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their studies.
- Applicants who will not benefit from another form of tuition fee exemption through another policy or measure. For example, French and Belgian Francophone students already benefit from this type of exemption.
Applicants for UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students will benefit with the following:
The excellence of your academic record is the only evaluation criterion to determine the value of the scholarship. This assessment is made based on the transcripts provided during the admission application. The results of the analysis are classified into the following three levels.
- Level A: $12,465.60 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $6,232.80 per session (15 credits) or $415.52 per credit
- Level B: $5,940.90 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,970.45 per session (15 credits) or $198.03 per credit
- Level C: $2,078.10 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,039.05 per session (15 credits) or $69.27 per credit
Students enrolled in a certificate, major, minor, short program and preparatory year program for university studies automatically obtain the level C award.
These amounts are applied to tuition fees of $24,607.80 per year (30 credits).
Graduate Programs – Masters
To support you in your graduate studies as an international student, a partial exemption scholarship from the additional tuition fees normally charged to international students is available.
- $9 787,95 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3 262,65 per session (equivalent to 15 credits)
This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,992.70 per year (45 credits).
Graduate Programs – PhD
To support you in your graduate studies as an international student, a complete waiver of the additional tuition fees normally charged to international students is available.
This exemption bursary allows you to benefit from the same tuition fees as Québec graduate studies students.
- $21,038.13 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $7,012.71 per session (equivalent to 15 credits) for the entire duration of your studies.
This amount is applied to the tuition fees of $25,125.93 per year (45 credits).
How To Apply
To get enrolled for UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students, interested applicants are expected to adhere to the following steps for the application:
- Apply for admission:
To get your application and admissions process off to a good start, explore “Compass”, an interactive checklist that guides you through the required steps. Before completing the application form, make sure you respect the application deadlines and check the admissions requirements for the study programs of your interest.
- Follow-up on your file and receive an offer of admission:
A few days after submitting your admissions application, you will receive your access codes for the “Student Centre.” This is the platform where you can monitor your application and receive your offer of acceptance letter.
- Accept the offer of admissions to start the evaluation:
You don’t have to apply for a UdeM Exemption Scholarship. New candidates’ files will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
- Receive the notice of award with the amount:
After receiving your admissions offer, the Université de Montréal will promptly inform you, by email, of the amount of the scholarship to which you are entitled. Print and keep this document in a safe place. It will be useful for future reference.
The Application Deadline is On-going