2022/2023 University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards
TheUniversity of Manchester is pleased to announce the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2022/2023 open to students of all nationalities and across all research areas. Applications are welcome from suitably qualified applicants who wish to enroll in postgraduate research studies at the University for academic sessions.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship, hosted by the Faculty of Science and Engineering, is fully funded and covers the student’s tuition fees at the international rate, annual maintenance stipend equivalent, and a fixed research training support grant per year.
Details About University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards
These scholarships are open to all nationalities and across all research areas and will be of interest to students of the highest calibre who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world-leading research environment.
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Coatings and Ceramics, Computer Science, Earth, and Environmental Sciences, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Fashion Management, and Marketing, Imaging and Characterisation, Management of Projects in Engineering, Materials, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Corrosion, Nano and Functional Materials, Petroleum Engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Composites, Textiles and Apparel.
Interested applicants seeking for University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must hold an offer to start a Ph.D. program in September 2022. Candidates who do not yet have an academic offer should get in touch with the Faculty admissions team to discuss how to best progress a Ph.D. application in time for the funding deadline. See `useful links’ for contacts.
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally, hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent)
- Applicants must meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The scholarship is a fully-funded award and includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
How To Apply
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships operate on a nomination basis. Your supervisor will nominate you for consideration by the Faculty and in order to be considered, you must hold an offer for a place on one of our Ph.D. programs.
It is therefore essential that you apply for a place on the Ph.D. program of your choice as early as possible and that you specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for Ph.D. programmes.
The Application Deadline is Spring 2022