2022/2023 World Bank Scholarship Program
Open to: Developing countries, Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates
Login / Register
The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program opens to outstanding and suitably qualified students from developing countries enrolling for a master’s degree program in development-related studies. Anticipate applying in March to May application window.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Subject to available funding, JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. Please note that if you are not admitted to one of these 48 programs, you are not eligible to apply for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2022.
Details About World Bank Scholarships Program 2022-2023
The JJWBGSP scholarships provide tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Eligibility Criteria For World Bank Scholarships Program 2022-2023
To be considered for the World Bank Scholarships Program 2022/23, candidates must meet the program requirements listed below.
- Candidates of any nationality are eligible.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
Scholarship Benefits of World Bank Scholarships Program 2022-2023
The World Bank Scholarships Program is fully-funded includes the following benefits;
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
- Resident permit fee.
How To Apply
The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship will open in late March 2021 and the deadline for applying will be around mid-May 2021. Guidance for the 2021 call for applications, including the calls:
- Firstly: Instructions and requirements to submit an application, the eligibility criteria applicants must meet; and the selection process are provided in the Application Guidelines, FAQs, and the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs. Master Degrees currently offered.
- Secondly: Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a Participating program should be submitted to the respective university. All applicants to the JJ/WBG will need to have an unconditional offer of admission from a participating program to be eligible to apply.
- Thirdly: Once you are familiar with the application requirements and processes, click HERE to apply. You may refer to the “Accessing your online application” and “Navigating your online application” to learn how to access and navigate the online application.
The Application Deadline is Mid-May 2022