2022 African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition for Entrepreneurs Worldwide￼
African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition is created to support agripreneurs by focusing on building the bankability of their businesses and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Entrepreneurs will be coached and mentored in an interactive and tailored two-week training to review, prepare and present their businesses for capital raising from investors. The short listed successful agripreneurs will pitch to the judges and engage investors in the AgriPitch dealroom.
Requirements for 2022 African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition:
Early Start-ups (0-3 years)
- Individuals who are at the very early stage of developing ideas/concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business.
- Must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept.
- May or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- May or may not have a registered corporate entity.
Mature Start-ups (above 3 years)
- Individuals and firms with existing market traction: technology, product or service, already in the market.
- Must have a clear investment ask and growth plan/strategy.
- Must be a registered corporate entity.
Women-empowered Businesses (WEBs)
- Meet eligibility requirements for either Early Start-ups or Mature Start-ups.
- Firms that are 51% owned by women or founded by a woman.
Duration and Reward
- Winning SMEs will access a total grant pool of USD $140,000.
The AgriPitch online programme includes a training session (Bootcamp) on strategic partnerships for equity in agriculture, nutrition, and financing the youth and women.
In the two-week-long business development boot camp, AgriPitch competitors can attend virtual sessions on product development, revenue channel identification, logistics, marketing, business management, investment readiness, financing, and other issues, led by trainers and coaches
Following the training and bootcamp, the participating agripreneurs will receive follow-up mentorship and coaching (virtually) for a period of six months. The mentorship activity will also link the AgriPitch participants to relevant resources throughout the six month period and beyond.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- National ID card / passport
- Company registration document
- Company brochure
- Summary business plan
- Business licences
- Company profile
- Financial statements
- Marketing materials
- Pitch deck
How To Apply