2022 Aga Khan University Leadership Academy for Young Women
Applications are now open for the 2022 Aga Khan University Leadership Academy for Young Women interested in gaining leadership skills and knowledge.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The programme aims to help upcoming women leaders to demonstrate creativity, have ability to communicate their vision, inspire and ignite the passion of their people to achieve the best in a continuously changing environment.
The Institute for Human Development at the Aga Khan University (IHD) is pleased to announce
a six-month Women Leadership Program targeted at mid-level female professionals working in Civil Society Organizations in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Madagascar and Mozambique) and Asia, (Pakistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, and India).
The program will be delivered as blended-learning modes, with modules delivered online and one in-person session. It will launch in 2 East African countries first, then roll out in phases in the other countries
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Have a minimum of two years post-secondary education
- be aged between 30 – 45 years old
- be involved in women or gender equality organizations’ activities for at least five years
- be proficient in English
- commit to at least four hours a week for the six months duration of the course
- commit to five days at the start of the programme and three days at the end of the programme for a full-time engagement
- be willing to participate and take part in Alumni activities
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participants will join an alumni network where
they will interact, have discussions on mutually agreed topics and create a platform for mentorship, coaching and exchange programs whenever possible.
- This will be supported by the academy in the first 3 years while the funding is active.
- This is a leadership and mentoring course which is fully funded by Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants (funded by GAC and AKFC.).
- There is no cost to the participants or their organizations. AKU will facilitate the participants with equipment and cater for the internet charges.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- One-paged motivation letter and
How To Apply
Applicants are to send the completed application form (all three parts on pg. 3-6), one-paged motivation letter and CV to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received no later than close of business (EAT), May 27th, 2022.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click the apply below to read more about the scholarship.