2022 Allianz Climate Risk Award for Researchers (up to €7,000)
Open to: Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
Launched in 2017, the Allianz Climate Risk Award acknowledges and rewards young scientists whose works shed light on the nexus between climate change and the extreme weather events that threaten millions of livelihoods and present ways these populations could be better protected.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
It targets PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change;
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions.
Benefits of Allianz Climate Risk Award for Researchers
- In addition to having all expenses paid for, all four finalists received cash prizes, ranging from EUR2,000 to EUR7,000 to support their research.
- Ten candidates are shortlisted by a jury and their work is published in a Compendium. Out of the ten, four are invited to Munich, Germany, to present their research at the awards ceremony.
- Applications are usually received from all over the world.
- Applicant should be current PhD students and also postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished or graduated no more than one year before the time of the application.
- An author can only apply once. Send your best research.
- Innovation: Research project is focused on a compelling approach for assessing risks of natural catastrophes and how new technologies can help mitigate these risks and foster resilient societies
- Impact: Research project can make a difference on the current insurance practice and/or advance current practices around societal resilience
- Applicability: Research project addresses a relevant problem and is ideally connected to a practical solution
- Academic excellence: Sound research approach and methodology
How To Apply
Core of your application is a brief (max. 800 word) non-technical essay that outlines your current research idea and highlights central findings. As guidance, you may refer to the selection criteria stated above.
To submit your application, simply send the filled out and signed forms as well as the required supporting documents (essay, CV, reference letter) to
The Application Deadline is 30th September 2022