The Awa Prize is an annual competition that selects inspiring female entrepreneurs from selected countries in Africa and the Middle East (including partner countries of Belgian governmental cooperation). The aim is to reward the excellence of women entrepreneurs to foster female leadership and entrepreneurship by promoting role models.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Awa Prize is a competition organised by Enabel which highlights women entrepreneurs from Belgian development cooperation countries and their projects.
The Awa Prize is a contest which sheds the light on businesses and the women who lead them. But beyond this competition, the Awa Prize aims at federating a community of entrepreneurs around shared values, in order to fight against socio-economic inequalities.
Through the Awa Prize, many events will be organised at the local and international levels in order to raise awareness for men and women about the opportunities that women’s entrepreneurship can create. These events will enable progress on actions which can be developed to remove the persistent obstacles.
Eligibility Requirements for 2022 Awa Prize
- Be a woman of legal age in her country
- Have the nationality of one of the following: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Jordan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Be the (co-) founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company which has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country.
- Each year, 12 entrepreneurs from the Belgian development cooperation are awarded a prize. In each category
- Three entrepreneurs will be highlighted and will receive the first, second and third prize respectively.
First prize is worth €5,000, 2nd prize is €10,000 and the third prize is €5,000
How To Apply
Interested Applicants can Apply here
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Awa Prize for African Women Entrepreneurs
The Application Deadline is 24th October 2022