2022 Chevening European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) internship
The 2022 Chevening European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) internship applications have commenced for interested and qualified candidates willing to gain experience in the European Bank of London.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The internship is a fully-funded opportunity with stipends for selected candidates to gain more experience in market-oriented economies and the promotion of private and entrepreneurial initiatives.
Interns have the opportunity of working in a world-class environment of an international bank at convenient hours while gaining first-hand experience.
2022 Chevening European Bank of Reconstruction and Development Internship Details:
Under the supervision of the Financial Products team within the SME Finance & Development Group, the intern may support joint advisory and finance programmes.
Interns will be to provide support to the team members working on a number of programmes critical to the bank’s current SME strategy, including a Star Venture programme covering early-stage start-ups and the EBRD’s Women in the Business programme for women entrepreneurs.
- 1-3+ years of business finance, entrepreneurship, or relevant business experience
- Master’s degree from a leading university preferably in Economics, Business, Development, International Relations or similar.
- Computer literacy
- Good understanding of and interest in financial inclusion issues of SMEs in emerging markets
- Some relevant experience of the EBRD Countries of Operations an advantage.
Key skills required:
- Very good written (report writing, correspondence, communications material) and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially good command over Microsoft Excel
- Proven analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work independently
- Passion to learn and grow in EBRD.
Internship Duration and Reward
- Internship starts in July/August
- The format and timeline of the programme may change, depending on developments of the Covid-19 pandemic. EBRD will inform candidates and coordinate adaptations to the course when necessary.
- Dependant on the working conditions of successful applicants and according to their visa and/or university conditions.
Under the supervision of the Financial Products team within the SME Finance & Development Group, the intern may support joint advisory and finance programmes in:
- In general your tasks will be to provide support to the team members working on a number of programmes critical to the bank’s current SME strategy, including a Star Venture programme covering early stage start-ups and the EBRD’s Women in Business programme for women entrepreneurs.
- Data gathering, research and providing background information into thematic, donor or country priorities.
- Organisation and support to the management of upcoming events or workshops in the EBRD region of operation.
- Administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring.
- Active coordination between different teams in the EBRD and with external consultants.
- Preparation of short case studies about successful projects.
- Preparation of outreach materials and ad-hoc briefings when needed.
- Assistance with the management of joint programmes, including supporting the monitoring and reporting processes.
- Ad hoc assignments as requested.
How To Apply
Successful applicants will be announced on June 10.
Please review the role description, key skills, education, and experience to assess whether you match the criteria specified for the role.