The DSN Internship Program is part of our commitment to raising 1 million AI talents in 10 years. This program is designed to train and equip young talents across Africa and give them opportunities to grow and build a world-class career in AI either as a researcher, industry practitioner or start-up entrepreneur.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
DSN Internship Program is a platform for young talents to thrive in an atmosphere of hands-on knowledge with an excellent drive for growth.
DSN Internship Program is for distinguished individuals who have chosen the fields of Research, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence and have mastered the basics. Below are some of the skills expected from potential interns:
- Python programming
- Data Science and Data Analysis
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Other Skills, such as communication and project management
To be considered for the internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a university, or equivalent tertiary institution, or be a university graduate.
- Be a registered member of the Data Science Nigeria AI+ Community with an AI membership ID.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age;
- Students enrolled in first-degree programs should have completed two years of full-time study. Students pursuing postgraduate studies should be completing their degrees and wish to gain experience at DSN.
Duration and Reward
This internship will last for 24 weeks (6 months)
This internship is designed for you to be a part of a world-class Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, research, and Innovations team who has won several world-class awards. You also get to join a learning organization home to the largest Data Science/ AI community of learners in Africa with dedicated tracks that will help you accelerate your career growth.
Hence you should look forward to;
- Joining a World-class team
- Be part of Africa’s Largest AI community of learners
- Work on Industry Level Projects that will impact people’s lives directly and positively
- Get access to world-class learning opportunities and mentorship
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply using the link below
- The first step to indicate your interest is by filling the application form and submission of your CV. It is essential to note that you will be required to have mastered the fundamentals of python programming. You should be able to perform the necessary daily tasks of a beginner-level data scientist.
- In order to verify your python programming skills, all applicants will be sent a link to complete an online Python code-based project. Applicants must ensure to make their submission on or before the specified closing date. Please note that all submitted codes will be validated.
- The best submissions will be selected for a physical session at the AI Hub, Yaba, where the applicant will be given an academic paper to read and summarise. The assessment will focus on problem-solving, writing, knowledge synthesis, and presentation skills.
- This is more of a conversation than a typical ‘interview’ – the interviewers want to get to know you better. Feel free to show your true colours and what you are passionate about. Prepare a few questions to ask to show your curiosity and interest. Dress appropriately and neatly.
Whether you pass or otherwise, please note that you will be contacted at every stage to inform you exactly where you belong.