2022 EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program For International Students
EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program offers international bachelor/1st-year master’s students eight weeks of lab immersion during the summer.
Join one of the research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland.
Open to students in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatics, quantitative biology and related fields.
The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is a public research university located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It specializes in natural sciences and engineering.
It is one of the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, with three main missions: education, research and innovation. The QS World University Rankings ranked EPFL as the 14th best university in the world across all fields in 2021, whereas THE World University Rankings ranked EPFL as the world’s 19th best school for engineering and technology
To be considered for the Summer Internship, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in a university in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or other life sciences related programs.
- Have a minimum GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program.
- Show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences.
Duration and Reward
- Join on-going research in a lab of the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) School of Life Sciences.
- Learn new techniques while studying a research topic related to current health issues.
- Improve critical thinking and experimental design.
- Prepare for future independent research as a graduate student.
- Experience the excitement and challenges of scientific research gaining insight into what a research career entails.
- Each student receives CHF 3,200 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or possibly in Geneva depending on a lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland is covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Your CV (1-2 pages)
- Your motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- The explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; previous lab experience is a plus
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using this link.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.