2022 European Disability Forum Photo Competition (Total prize of €1,000)
Applications for the European Disability Forum Photo Competition 2022 are open. This competition aims to raise awareness in society through photography, showing how young people with disabilities live their life and are included (or excluded) in society. EDF is looking for images that offer a perspective and portray young persons with disabilities as protagonists in their daily life.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Young people with disabilities are rarely featured in media coverage, leaving them behind. This is one of the reasons why a significant number of influencers have emerged. They want to show the world what it is like to be a young person with a disability today and raise awareness of the challenges and inequities that are happening around them. They have the same right to study, travel, work, practise sport, experience culture, etc and yet they have to overcome great difficulties to enjoy a fulfilling life.
Are you a young person with a disability? Or do you know someone? Take your camera out! Whether you are a young person with disabilities or not, you are encouraged to participate.
The three final nominees will receive:
- 1st place award: 500 Euros
- 2nd place award: 300 Euros
- 3rd place award: 200 Euros
Eligibility Requirement for 2022 European Disability Forum Photo Competition
- Open to EU/EEA citizens or residents from all ages and there is no entry fee.
- Participation is individual, not as an organisation.
The jury will be composed by two members of the EDF Board Committee, two members of the staff, as well as two art professionals. The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the picture
- Relevance to the theme
Entries that are offensive, defamatory or obscene, or that disclose unnecessary personal information will also be rejected from the competition.
How To Apply
All participants must submit the following three:
- One original single high-resolution photo (300dpi) with image description or one original single artistic representation (comics and drawings) with image description telling the story
Allowed: editing, filters, camera built-in effects.
Not allowed: Collages (more than one photo), watermarks, text, or other elements added to the photo.
- A short description in English including the author’s name, and the city and country where the photo was taken.
- A signed copy of the Rights Authorization. Two signatures are needed, one from the person who took the picture and one from the person(s) appearing in the picture. Participants taking a photograph of children, ensure that they obtain and provide EDF with the written consent of that child’s parents/guardian.
The entries can be submitted by emailing them to Natalia Suarez, EDF Communication Officer at [email protected]. All submissions are due on the 30th of November 2022, 23.59 CET.
For more information, visit EDF Photo Competition.