2022 Fondation Carmignac Photojournalism Award for all Photographers
Applications are invited from Photographers from all Nationalities to for the Fondation Carmignac Photojournalism Award. The Carmignac Photojournalism Award (Prix Carmignac du photojournalisme) aims to support the production of a photographic project that documents this ecological, social and international crisis.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
In 2009, while media and photojournalism faced an unprecedented crisis, Edouard Carmignac created the Carmignac Photojournalism Award to support photographers in the field. Directed by Emeric Glayse, it funds annually the production of an investigative photo reportage on human rights violations, geostrategic issues in the world.
Selected by an international jury, the laureates receive a €50,000 grant to carry out a 6-month field report with the support of the Fondation Carmignac, which produces, upon their return, a travelling exhibition and the publication of a monograph. At the end of each edition, four photographs bequeathed by the laureates are included in the Carmignac collection.
Photography has played an important role in the life of this post-colonial society, bearing witness to daily and family life as well as revealing a political and cultural golden age in the 1960s and 1970s. It is important today that this medium confronts realities that challenges the utopia of a common world championed since independence.
The Carmignac Photojournalism Award (Prix Carmignac du photojournalisme) aims to support the production of a photographic project that documents this ecological, social and international crisis.
To be considered for the Grant, you must:
- Be a photographer of any nationality
- Be available to carry out a 6-month field report
- Be willing to go back to his/her home country after the program
- Be in good health condition
- Be fluent in English or French
Duration and Reward
- The program will run for a period of 6 months
- Laureates will receive a €50,000 grant
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form to be filled online
- Personal details which includes names, contacts, nationality, date of birth, e-mail, and phone number
- Website or social network
- Project (must include project title, project description, and/or pdf)