2022 Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
2022 Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women has opened applications for female African university students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship includes a return ticket to the student’s home country, university fees, health insurance, accommodation, and meals.
This scholarship is meant for women of African nationality who intend to undergo professional training programmes in Spanish and Portuguese universities.
Scholarship Details of 2022 Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program:
The scholarship program offers a training offer broader than ever, combining three different training modalities: face-to-face, online and blended (hybrid), thus allowing female African students to choose the training model that best suits their personal circumstances.
The Learn Africa program was launched in 2013 with the aim of promoting knowledge transfer, exchange and capacity building for female African university students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program:
To be considered for the Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a woman, and have nationality and residence in an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate scholarships, a Bachelor’s degree is required. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship applied for (see detailed information on each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be accepted.
Technical and academic requirements
- It is important to read carefully the information showed in the description of the studies you want to take, as well as on the University website (link attached to each scholarship), regarding the academic requirements.
- The beneficiary agrees to provide the host University with duly legalized, certified and translated copies of her university degree, academic record or any other required documentation. If you are selected, we recommend that you start the administrative process at the time you accept the scholarship, as the procedures you will need to take at the Embassy/Consulate and/or at the Ministries of Education or Foreign Affairs of your country may take long time.
- The beneficiary must also present a certificate issued by her University certifying that she has a degree that enables her to pursue the requested studies.
- If you apply for an online scholarship, you must have a computer properly equipped to follow online courses, taking into account the following aspects: Internet connection, web browser, operating system, desktop applications, webcam, Zoom/Microsoft Teams applications etc.
- Before applying, make sure you have the required language skills. A high level of the language in which the training is delivered will always be required (B2 or C1 depending on the host University). You must prove your language level through the presentation of an official language certificate or through a telephone interview with the University.
- If you are selected, you will receive a phone call from the Women for Africa Foundation to inform you personally. You will be requested to communicate with the foundation’s staff in the language of the scholarship you have applied for.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Online scholarships cover only tuition fees.
- Face-to-face scholarships cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Round trip
- Accommodation and meals (either in a University Hall or through the provision of a monthly allowance)
- Health insurance
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity document
- Passport Photograph
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter
- Reference or motivation letter(s)
- Official language certificate (if required)
- Project (if required)
How To Apply for 2022 Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarship Program
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to commence their application.
The final selection of candidates will be agreed upon with each of the partner universities and the outcome will be made public on the website in June.