2022 Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Programcommencing research work for the 2022 – 2023 academic session.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Postdoctoral Research Program provides scientists, who have recently obtained a doctoral degree in a field of natural sciences, with the opportunity to work with research groups or leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions located across Canada. In turn, the Government of Canada benefits from new and emerging talent.
Details of Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
Natural Resources Canada, in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada & Public Health Agency of Canada is looking for recent graduates in a field of natural sciences to join the Postdoctoral Research Program.
Federal research scientists contribute to strategic decisions, policies, regulations and programs by providing a sound scientific knowledge base through their research. Research scientists perform their work in pursuance of departmental mandates in order to attain specified outcomes and to conceptualize, identify, formulate and set in motion new outcomes in delivering programs, meeting the future needs of the department.
To be eligible for Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD degree program.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Experience in planning and conducting research.
- Experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- The experience resulting in a recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems;
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development, or;
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs, and/or recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
How To Apply
To be considered for the Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program offered by the Government of Canada, applicants should endeavour to meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding to submit an application online for the program.
The Application Deadline is Not Specified