2022 Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme for Young Graduates
Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022: Applications are invited from eligible and qualified young graduates from anywhere in the world to apply for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 to be taken in South Africa. The fellowship is in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Machel-Mandela Fellowship program aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in the African continent. It also aims to help sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s growing youth population and assist in nurturing Africa’s future leaders. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the fellowship program.
Eligibility Criteria For Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022
To be eligible for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 for Young Graduates, applicants must:
- Be under 30 years of age
- Possess a Masters level degree
- Be able to speak and write English. African and other languages would be an asset.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Be able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Possess fluency in all basic IT skills
- Possess copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Have a passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
- Have a broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Be familiar with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website: www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org).
- An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
- Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
How To Apply
Applicants for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2022 are to please address their application to Ms. Leila Jack at email@example.com quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Fellow Internship’ in the subject line.
- An up-to-date CV with referees’ details
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
Applicants should state the earliest date they would be able to start and details of where they saw the post advertised.
The Application Deadline is 28 February 2022