The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth (16th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education.
The examinations will take place from September 6th – September 8th, 2021 and will take the form of:
- A written Music Theory examination at appropriate grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
Our goal is to produce a well-rounded, thoroughly educated musicians who would qualify for direct entry as transfer students into a university to fulfill the remaining requirements for an undergraduate music degree. We strive to produce graduates comparable to those found in a Conservatoire and we have patterned our syllabus on those standards.
The Entrance Examinations: 6th — 12th September 2022 and win take the form of:
– A written Examination in Music Theory at appropriately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge
– An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least
Grade 5 standard.
- Full Scholarship
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
How To Apply For The 2022/2023 Mtnf/Muson Music Scholars Program
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.
The Application Deadline 21st August 2022
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.