2022 Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships for African Students
The 2022 Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships are now open for interested and qualified African students.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships are offered to cover the costs of tuition, accommodation, study materials, and living expenses at institutions where beneficiaries have gained admission.
Netflix Scholarships aim to address this challenge by boosting financial support to Sub-Saharan African youth and empowering them in their pursuit of knowledge and skills in the creative academic field. This fund will enable them to access the highest quality programs and institutions in the region.
This scholarship application does not require any fee. Anyone claiming to accept application fees on behalf of the scholarship organizers should be deemed as fraudulent.
To be considered for the Netflix Scholarship, you must:
- be citizens of and currently living in a West or Central African country:
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo,
- Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé & PrincipeoNote:
- Applicants who are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC)are covered by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) program
- be enrolled in the partner institutions, namely:
- National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI)–Ghana
- National Film Institute Jos –Nigeria
- Pan-Atlantic University–Nigeria
- Institut Philippe Maury de l’Audiovisuel et du Cinéma (IPMAC) du groupe EM-Gabon
- Université (EMGU)–Gabon
- Institut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel (ISMA) –Benin
- Have been studying TV/Cinemaindustry related courses
- Note: Although the scholarship program is open to all students enrolled in TV and film programs, priority will be given to those who are graduating within two years of applying.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship fund will cover the costs for tuition, accommodation, study materials and living expenses at institutions where beneficiaries have gained admission to pursue a course of study in the TV & film disciplines in the 2022 academic year.
How To Apply
Evaluators will assess the eligible applicants based on the applicant’s academic performance, with consideration for gender balance. The final selected candidates will be split as such: 60% women and 40% men.
Evaluators made up of the Dalberg team will review each eligible application based on the evaluation criteria. The applications will go through two evaluation rounds before the final scholars are selected.
Selected applicants will be notified via the contact information submitted in their application (e.g., email or phone call). Pre-selected applicants will be contacted latest by September 19th,2022, regarding the outcome of their application.
Click on the APPLY button below to begin your application.