2022 NLNG Scholarships for Nigerian Students (Post-Primary and Overseas Postgraduate)
Open to: Graduates, Nigerians, Post Graduates, Secondary Sch Students, Undergraduates
Login / Register
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Since 1998, the NLNG has supported 3836 Nigerian post-primary, undergraduate and postgraduate students with scholarships.
This was founded as a critical component of our education intervention program for her host communities in the country.
Scholarship Details Of 2022 NLNG Scholarships for Nigerian Students:
NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes: Post Primary, Under-Graduate and Post Graduate to encourage academic excellence and support human capital development in Nigeria.
NLNG Scholarships focuses on education and human capital development as areas of special significance, because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
Scholarship Requirements For 2022 NLNG Scholarships for Nigerian Students:
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
- Have provisional admission from any of the under-listed UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, and Medicine:
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Manchester
- University of Cranfield
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Completed NYSC program
- Obtained not less than an 8.0 IELTS score
- Not be no more than 30 years of age as at the time of application
- Be resident in Nigeria
- Provide a letter of identification from respective Local Government Councils.
- Provide a letter of consent from the employer (if in service of any organization)
- Possess an international passport valid for travel, at least, one year from September 2019
- Be able to get a UK Tier-4 student Visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2022 if selected
- Not a direct relative to a staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through application on company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities. The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study. Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- An attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- An indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- A letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- First-degree transcript
- NYSC discharge certificate
- IELTS result
- Letter o identification from Local Government Councils
- Letter of consent from employer (if in service of any organization)
- Valid international passport.
How To Apply
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply
- To fill invalid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview/test.
- Applicants are advised to check their mailbox regularly for information on the status of their applications. The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
- NLNG is not under obligation to offer any kind of employment to successful candidates upon graduation, neither are candidates bonded to NLNG on account of this scholarship.