2022 Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (up to £20,000)
Open to: Entrepreneurs, International Students, Startups, Tech
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting-edge industrial science, research, and innovation.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) scheme provides opportunities for enthusiastic, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs to spend one day a week at a university developing a bespoke project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development
Benefits of the 2022 Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence program
The Entrepreneur in Residence Scheme includes awards, which are usually for two years. The value of the scheme is up to a maximum of £20,000 per year (including VAT where applicable), and is expected to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the award holder’s current salary to spend 20% of their working time at the host. The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions.
- Travel and project costs for award holders to travel to and from their host, and accommodation if required. Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops, and training.
- The Entrepreneur in Residence scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, excluding clinical medicine.
- The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality eligible to work in the UK for the award duration. Applicants should have a background in science and engineering. They must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in science in an industrial research context and one or more of the following:
- Experience in managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialisation of research
- Experience in entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment, etc
- Experience or interest in training, coaching, or mentoring
- Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
How To Apply
Applications for the Entrepreneur in Residence scheme program should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant. Applicants are expected to be notified of their application’s outcome 3 months after the closing date. See below to apply.
The Application Deadline is 22nd September 2022