2022 SPE Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship for Petroleum Engineering Students
The Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship is supported by the SPE Foundation and awards an outstanding student who plans to enter a university and pursue an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This is a merit-based scholarship. Recipients are typically in the top 3% in both class ranking and standardized test scores.
Gus Archie (1907 – 1978), a pioneer in the area of formation evaluation, developed the fundamental quantitative relationships among porosity, electrical resistivity, and hydrocarbon saturation of rocks that laid the foundation for modern log interpretation.
Scholarship Details of SPE Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship:
SPE offers scholarships and fellowships for both undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry.
Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship awards an outstanding student who plans to enter a university and pursue an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering.
Scholarship Requirements of SPE Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship:
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- intend to enroll in petroleum engineering in a recognized university program according to your country or region, leading to an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering
- become an SPE member once eligible
- Comply with sanction policy
- Complete the electronic application submission process
If awarded, each semester, you must:
- Be enrolled in a petroleum engineering class by the beginning of the second year of university
- Remain in petroleum engineering degree program
- Maintain at least 2/3 of a full academic load
- Have and maintain a satisfactory average of scores/marks for the current semester and cumulative total.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The recipient will receive USD 5,000 per year for up to four years of university study.
How To Apply For SPE Gus Archie Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Submit the online application form by noon CDT (UTC-5) on 15 April.
- You must submit at least one recommendation and documentation for entry exams (if applicable).
- Judges review all eligible applications and winners are announced 1 August.