2022 The Bulwer Lytton Fiction Contest
Contest Rules & Info
The rules for the Bulwer Lytton Fiction Contest are childishly simple:
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- Each entry must consist of a single sentence, but you may submit as many entries as you wish.
- Sentences may be of any length but we strongly recommend that entries not go beyond 50 or 60 words. Entries must be “original” (as they were) and previously unpublished.
- Due to the volume of submissions, if your entry is missing a name or location it won’t be considered.
- The contest accepts submissions every day of the livelong year, but the deadline for each year’s contest is June 30th.
- Winners are announced in late July or early August each year. The 2021 winners were announced on August 13th.
- In keeping with the gravitas, high seriousness, and general bignitude of the contest, the grand prize winner will receive … a pittance (and bragging rights).
How To Apply
Please submit your entries for the 2022 contest using our form below.
The Submission Deadline is 30th June 2022.