2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
You are invited to submit proposals for scalable and sustainable applications that can serve as a reference point for the Nigerian tourism sector. The top 5 proposals will be invited to a physical hackathon at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference to be held in Lagos, and the overall winners will receive prizes, as well as invitation to startup accelerator programmes, mentorship and other resources to build out their solution.
What to Build
- Scalable applications anticipated from the participating developers should be built on top of flexible platforms, and must aim to provide innovative, safe and sustainable experiences for consumer and business travelers.
- You are expected to build applications that ensure parties in the Nigerian Tourism ecosystem can have user-friendly access and take into consideration Smart integration of information, Multimodal mobility services, Customized route optimization, with Sustainability for continuous improvements in place.
- Your solution should present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote. This includes serving areas of low internet penetration and low smartphone adoption.
Prizes for 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria
- Winners stand a chance to win both cash and in-kind prizes
- Grand Prize Winners get an all-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge
- Acceptance into Acceleration program
- Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners
- Mentorship from BYCEP and partners
Other benefits include:
- Developer Badges for everyone that completes a successfully submitted app or web service
- Access to partner companies looking to hire developers
- Access to partner companies with project managers with experience building or managing Enterprise applications.
The submission of interest must all be completed before the 4th of November for you or your team to be eligible for the ﬁnal stage holding at the UNWTO Global Conference on the 14th of November.
Join the BYCEP Slack channels to start engaging with fellow builders and creators and Technical administrators for the Hackathon.
Each individual must fill out this Google Form to participate.
- Apply as an individual or form a team of three persons and select a team lead. (We encourage having female representation).
- All team members are expected to join Slack if they are yet to do so (Stage 1).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.