2022 United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) for Young Graduates
Young graduates who are professionals in their various fields of endeavours are invited from selected countries each year to participate in the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The 2022 application is scheduled to start.
The UN Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the UN Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination process and professional development once those successful start their career with the UN.
What to Expect From United Nation Young Professionals Programme (YPP)
The YPP examination is held once a year in different subject areas, depending on the needs of the UN.
YPP is open to nationals of participating countries. The list of participating countries varies from year to year.
It consists of an entrance examination process and professional development once those successful start their career with the UN.
The application period typically opens in June each year.
To be eligible for United Nation Young Professionals Programme (YPP), you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a national of a participating country
- Applicants must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam(at least a relevant Bachelor’s degree or a 3-year equivalent degree)
- Applicants must be 32 years old or younger in the year of the examination
- Applicants must be fluent in either English or French
How To Apply
Interested applicants seeking for United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) are to follow these steps:
- Those interested can apply via Inspira.
- Confirm Your Eligibility
- Carefully review basic application criteria on the YPP Home page.
- Review The Job Opening
- The YPP application period typically opens each June.
- The job openings, specific to each exam area, will be found through Inspira or the UN Careers Portal.
- Read carefully to determine if you meet the requirements.
- If more than 40 applicants from the same country are eligible for an exam area, those applicants will be screened and ranked based on the highest level of education completed, knowledge of official UN languages, and relevant work experience.
- If the exam occurs in two stages, then 60 applicants per country/per exam area may be invited to the first exam stage, with a maximum of 40 per country/per exam area proceeding to the second stage.
The Application Deadline is opened in June each year.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.