Study In Canada: 2022 University of British Columbia (UBC) Entrance Scholarship for International Students
Open to: Undergraduates
Login / Register
University of British Columbia (UBC) recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $30 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
As soon as you receive an offer of admission to UBC, you’ll automatically be considered for these merit-based awards. Consideration is based on your demonstrated academic achievement and your extracurricular involvement.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC.
Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not being nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
How To Apply
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the IMES.
You can click here to apply.
You will be considered for this scholarship shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.