2022 University of Groningen Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The University of Groningen Scholarships are currently open for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the Netherlands.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The University of Groningen Scholarships offers a fully-funded scholarship to successful candidates covering their full tuition fees as well as an annual stipend of €26,988.
Dutch universities are known to be among the best universities in the world, competing with other famous UK and U.S. universities. You could say the Netherlands is one of the top non-English speaking countries where you can study abroad, get a quality education and find loads of degrees taught in English.
The University of Groningen is awarding a gross scholarship of € 2,249 per month, of which wage tax and social insurance premiums will be deducted, to students who are passionate about studying a degree program at the Institution.
The interdisciplinary PhD student will carry out a research project with the goal to;
(i) explore the impact of the social network (partner, family, neighbourhood) on smoking during pregnancy and smoking cessation and
(ii) evaluate the importance of local smoking policies on smoking behaviour and identify the good practices (including care pathways, and implementation of guidelines), laws, policies and approaches that lead to lower rates of smoking during pregnancy exploring an alternative endgame for smoking pregnant women.
The PhD-project will consist mainly of quantitative analysis using data from the Lifelines cohort study, administrative data (CBS, Perined) and other secondary data sources.
To be considered for the University of Groningen Scholarships, you must:
- have a relevant master’s degree in the social or health sciences (economics, sociology, epidemiology, bioinformatics, statistics or a comparable discipline)
- have strong quantitative research skills
- have an interdisciplinary background or affinity with working in an interdisciplinary team
- be able to show perseverance, flexibility, project management and collaboration skills
- be fluent in English (both oral and written)
- be able to finish the PhD thesis in four years
- enjoy planning and taking initiatives
- enjoy academic writing and have the desire to publish
- be able and willing to work in Groningen, in an international and interdisciplinary environment.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The University of Groningen offers scholarships for PhD students for a period of 4 years under the condition of a positive assessment at the end of the first year.
- The successful candidate will receive a gross scholarship of € 2,249 per month, from which wage tax and social insurance premiums will be deducted.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A motivation letter
- Your CV
- A research proposal (max 2 pages)
- A scan of your diploma including transcripts and proof of English proficiency
- Other relevant documents.Documents 1-4 are compulsory and please note that incomplete application packages or applications sent by email will not be taken into account.
How To Apply
You may apply for this position until 27 June at 11:59 pm / before 28 June 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Click on the button below to commence your application if you are interested and qualified.