2022 University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award
Applications are hereby welcomed from international students as the University of Manchester offers more than 100 studentships every year through the President’s Doctoral Scholar Award scheme, launched by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The PDS Award will give the most outstanding students from around the world a foundation to support research training with prominent academics across a full range of subjects.
Details About University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Award
The University will only consider applications for these full scholarships once you receive a formal offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor following the issue of an offer letter to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2021
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be admitted into a PhD program.
- Must hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2022;
- Applicants must hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- Must be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
The benefits of the 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships of the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2022 will cover:
- All university tuition fees at the international rate;
- An annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for this award, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer. As such, the University asks that online PhD applications be submitted by 24 March 2022 to enable review, interview and supervisor selection.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors and information on how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS application form, which needs to be submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 29 April 2022.
All PDS applications will be reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed before final offers on funding are made interviews are expected to take place in early June 2022. We will award three fully-funded scholarships within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
The Application Deadline is April 29, 2022.