2022 Viewfinder Accountability Journalism Fellowship (Up to R40,000)
Are you a mid-career journalist who wants to take your reporting on topical, public interest issues in South Africa to new heights? Apply now for the Viewfinder Accountability Journalism Fellowship 2022.
Viewfinder is offering a fellowship for reporters to investigate and then produce impact-driven journalism on accountability failures in the country. They are particularly interested in exposing abuses of power or inexcusable failures by large institutions that negatively affect marginalised people or communities. The fellowship and Viewfinder’s editorial support will enable you to investigate, research and develop your proposed reporting project. During the second half of the fellowship period, they will work with you to produce a short film or broadcast segment and a long-form written exposé rooted in your reporting and findings.
Benefits of Viewfinder Accountability Journalism Fellowship
- Up to R40,000 to conduct your investigation and to work with the Viewfinder team on journalistic production.
- Open to South African citizens or foreign nationals with permission to work in South Africa.
- Applicants should be skilled, mid-career journalists.
- Preference will be given to black applicants.
- Both freelance and employed journalists are invited to reply. The latter must seek permission from their editors. For permanently employed journalists, co-publication of their investigation with their home newsrooms can be negotiated.
How to Pitch
Story pitches should incorporate: a compelling hypothesis or finding of wrongdoing against a clear target (they usually conceive of this as an abuse of power or failure by an institution that has hurt the interests of a poor or marginalised group of people); a strong case study, which will demonstrate the human impact of the wrongdoing that your reporting seeks to expose; and a short explanation containing key facts that will help them to understand the background and importance of your proposed investigation.
Choosing a topic on which you already have some knowledge – and for which you care deeply about – will stand the best chance of resulting in a successful pitch.
How To Apply
For more information, visit Viewfinder Accountability Fellowship.
The Application Deadline is 23rd September 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.