2022 Women in Tech (WiT) Investment Prize (up to $100k)
The Women in Technology (WiT) Investment Prize 2022 is now accepting applications. The Firehood is assembling an extraordinary team of angel investors who will offer a $100,000 investment to one female-led enterprise. This means that one female founder who attends Startupfest will walk away with significant investment and access to an incredible network of investors.
This prize is available to any female-led startup in attendance, and it is in addition to the Startup Fest $100k Best of the Fest Investment Prize. That means if a female founder wins both investment prizes, she may walk away with $200k in investment!
Women in Tech How to Pitch
Your goal over the first two days is to get at least one of the judges to shortlist your Startup:
- They have set aside time on the stage on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons for open pitch rounds. You’ll have 1 minute to pitch and up to 2 minutes for follow-up questions if the judges have any.
- Judges will also be roaming the Tent Village, which is another way to get their attention! So get on stage, visit the Village, and bring your best hustle by connecting with as many judges as possible—after all, it just takes one judge for you to make the shortlist.
- The judges are wearing an Investor Judge badge and a green lanyard to make them easy to identify and pitch everywhere onsite. You probably want to avoid bathroom pitches, but everywhere else is fair game!
Women in Tech Eligibility
- Open to any female-led startup in attendance. For the purposes of this prize, they define a female-led startup as a startup with the most senior member of the executive team identifying as female.
- Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English. Your knowledge of English is very important.
Women in Tech Application
There’s no application process, no form to fill out, and no video to prepare. You just need to register, get onsite, and be ready to wow the Women in Tech investor judges with a superb pitch that makes the cut.
Startups have until the end of day on Thursday, July 14—the second day of Startupfest—to deliver their pitch. They can do so in the language of their choice, but please be aware that since Startupfest attracts investors from across the country and around the world, many of them only speak English.
Register for Startupfest if you haven’t already done so!
For more information, visit Women in Tech.
The Application Deadline is 14th July 2022
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.