Are you an entrepreneur with innovative ideas and solutions to build stronger and more sustainable food systems? Are you addressing hunger and galvanizing international cooperation on food security? Then apply for the World Food Program Innovation Challenge.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The WFP Innovation Challenge aims at supporting innovation which is critical to enabling the United Nations World Food Program to deliver on its mandate to reach zero hunger. Interested applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
Program Benefits Of 2022 World Food Program Innovation Challenge
- Receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets.
- Successful teams will work with WFP units on the ground to further develop and refine their solutions.
- A chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate your progress.
- Teams will be able to tap into and leverage a strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.
Eligibility Criteria For 2022 World Food Program Innovation Challenge
Interested applicants for the World Food Program Innovation Challenge are to meet the following conditions:
For a start-up:
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction are preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
For WFP employees:
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- You are encouraged to apply, regardless of your contract type or function.
- We accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government, or private sectors.
How To Apply
Interested and eligible applicants for the World Food Program Innovation Challenge are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline.
The Application Deadline is 6th April 2022