2023 African Union (AU) Internship Program for Young Individuals
Applications for the 2023 African Union (AU) Internships are open for young individuals from African Union’s Member States.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in final year of study), postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning are encouraged to apply.
The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU.
As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
To be considered for the AU Internship, you must:
- Be national of the African Union’s Member States;
- Be a student enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Be fluent in one of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kishwahili);
- Be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application;
- Meet the requirements specified in the terms of reference.
Internship Duration and Reward
- Interns will be accepted for a minimum of 3 months, with the possibility of extension for another 3 months
- The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
- It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment.
- The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- A motivation letter
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter
How To Apply
Apply through the AU career portal, create your personal profile and submit your application with supporting documents online using the link below
The Application Deadline is Not Specified