2023 Ashinaga African Initiative Undergraduate Scholarships
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative began in 2014. Its mission is to contribute to sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad.
Applications are open for the Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship for African Orphans.
The Ashinaga Scholarship is open for Orphans from any of the African countries.
We support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree). Ashinaga support covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
To be considered for the Ashinaga Scholarship, you must:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 2nd August 2020, including all of 2021 and 2022)
- Or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2023.
- Be born after 1st September 2000.
- Not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Be proficient in English, French or Portuguese.
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Be committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the years of study plus monthly stipend, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form to be filled online
- Photo or scan of your most recent High School Term Report/Transcript
- Photo or scan of your final High School Examination Results Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport style photograph
- Passport or National ID Card
- Birth certificate of applicant.
- Death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving death of parent(s) or orphan status.
- All term reports / secondary school transcripts from the last 2 years.
- Final secondary school examination certificate, showing grades in each subject
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or schoolteacher. This should be inclusive of their email address, phone number and must contain information about your performance and character whilst at secondary school.
- All recommendation letters should contain an official signature or stamp.
- Academic transcripts or other results from university (if applicable).
- Certificates for extracurricular activities, training courses, jobs or other commitments (if applicable).
How To Apply
Applications for all countries will be assessed after the application deadline, and successful applicants will be invited to a final assessment.
During this assessment, Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Interested candidates should apply using the link below
The Application Deadline is 20th January 2023
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.