Applications are open for the Citizen Exchange Corps (CEC) ArtsLink International Fellowship Programme 2023. The ArtsLink International Fellowship programme prioritizes applicants whose social practices seek to actively engage communities on issues related to the current climate emergency and human rights.
They will actively encourage artists and arts leaders whose work is making a vital contribution to furthering people’s awareness, understanding, and active participation in environmental and/or social justice issues. At the conclusion of the Fellowship, each Fellow must submit a feedback form that discusses the experience, research, and project activities and their impact on his or her professional development.
- ArtsLink International Fellowships offer an initial honorarium to Fellows and US hosts to cover the research residency and support for the subsequent project in the US to cover visa and travel, food and lodging, health insurance, and up to 50% of production costs.
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 CEC ArtsLink International Fellowship Programme
- Open to contemporary artists, curators, and arts leaders whose work is shaped by community engagement and social practice strategies, and informed by the most urgent local and global issues.
- They welcome applications from artists of any generation and invite those with both traditional and non-traditional artistic backgrounds.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of ArtsLink network countries. If you are living outside the region, indicate where you are currently based. Note that an ability to communicate both verbally and in written English will be essential to success in the programme.
- Undergraduate students and research scholars are not eligible. Arts leaders/curators must be affiliated with an arts organization in the non-commercial sector or work as individual independent arts professionals.
- Artists seeking placement in commercial firms are ineligible. ArtsLink International Fellows from prior years are not eligible to reapply.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Palestine, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
All ArtsLink Fellowship applications will be evaluated by an independent review panel comprised of arts professionals based on the following criteria:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Artistic or professional excellence of the applicant’s work
- Demonstration of experience and an active commitment to community engagement and dialogue
- Potential for the applicant to interact with the host communities in the practice or development of their work
- Benefit to the applicant, at this time in their career, from interaction with US artists, arts institutions, and the US host community
- Applicant’s plans for sharing the benefits of the exchange with artists and institutions in their home country
- Applicant’s ability to meet cross-cultural challenges successfully
How To Apply
The application for the full Fellowship programme is a three-part process.
- Letter of Inquiry (LOI) and Artist Biography – Due January 16, 2023 A letter of inquiry is a brief presentation (400 words) of your interest in the Fellowship programme, including the impact you see it having on your practice. Consider the question, “Why would you like to participate in the program now?” The LOI is used by CEC ArtsLink and external readers to determine whether to invite a full application. Those invited to submit a full application will be notified by February 4, 2023.
- Full Application – Due February 25, 2023
Submit a full application using the online system. They will send you a link if you are invited to submit a full application.
- Online Interviews – March 2023
Finalists will be notified by March 5, 2023, followed by online interviews during March with Fellows receiving notification by March 30, 2023.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.