2023 Chicago Booth Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Programme (Stipend of $12,000)
With the aim of shaping the next generation of leaders in business reporting, the Stigler Center launched the Journalists in Residence Program in 2017.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The program provides a transformative learning experience for journalists working in all forms of media worldwide. Participants spend approximately 12 weeks on their Hyde Park campus, auditing classes, participating in Stigler Center events, collaborating with peers, and networking with the university’s scholars.
Benefits of Chicago Booth Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Programme
The programme offers exclusive seminars, opportunities to study with world-class faculty, and the chance to network with colleagues from around the world. Details include:
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa application fees.
- A stipend of $12,000 to cover living expenses over the 12-week programme.
- Training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth.
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university.
- An opportunity to write for the ProMarket publication.
- Opportunities to collaborate with Booth faculty, students, and fellow program participants.
- Designated study space.
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of programme.
Program participants are expected to:
- Audit three classes.
- Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments.
- Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center.
- Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon.
- Open to journalists with some years of media experience;
- Proficient English;
- Have an interest in deepening their knowledge and understanding of political economy.
How To Apply
The deadline is October 2, 11:59pm CT Chicago time. Applicants will be notified of final decisions in December. The Spring 2023 program will run from approximately March 13 – June 3, 2023.
For more information, visit Journalists in Residence Programme.
The Application Deadline is 2nd October 2022