2023 European Commission Blue Book Traineeship for Young Graduates
The European Commission is recruiting interested and qualified African graduates for her 2022 Blue Book Traineeship.
The internship will provide selected candidates with a living allowance for the traineeship sessions worth €1 252.68 per month.
The European Commission Blue Book Traineeship will also cover the costs of visa, travel, and health expenditures for selected interns.
A traineeship at the European Commission is much more than just a professional experience. Each batch of trainees organises a huge range of non-formal learning, and social activities, from football to wine-tasting and much in between – in true bureaucratic fashion, each with its own organising committee. There are usually 40-50 such activities to choose from.
To be considered for the European Commission Blue Book Traineeship, you must be a university graduate who:
- have completed a standard 3-year higher education degree (minimum EQF 6 level), corresponding to a complete Bachelor’s cycle, or equivalent.
- have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, delegation, with Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), or Advocates General at the Court of Justice of the European Union (EUCJ)
- have a very good knowledge of languages:
- For the administrative traineeship – you must have a very good knowledge of two EU official languages, one of which must be a working language: English, French or German at C1 or C2 level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and a second one at B2 level at least as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. For non-EU nationals, only one procedural language is required at C1 or C2 level.
- For the translation traineeship in the Directorate-General for Translation (DGT) – you must be able to translate into your main/target language (normally your mother tongue), from two other official EU languages (‘source languages’*).:
- your main/target language must be one of the official EU languages
- your first source language for translation must be a working language of the EU: English, French or German
- your second source language can be any of the official EU languages with at least B2-level proficiency.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The living allowance for the traineeships sessions will be €1 252.68 per month.
- Visa costs and related medical fees may be reimbursed together with the travel expenditures.
Candidates are anonymously evaluated in the assessment phase by two different evaluators, on the basis of following criteria:
- Level of education (a full university degree of at least three years of studies is mandatory);
- Language level in one of the three European Commission working/procedural languages (English, French, German) other than your mother tongue/s (mandatory);
- Language level in the remaining European official languages and/or non EU-languages, if applicable;
- Relevance of work experience, if applicable;
- International profile – experience of living/working abroad (mobility);
- Motivation and quality of reasoning;
- IT Skills, organisational skills, publications and rare domains of study.
How To Apply
- Create an EU Login account or log in with an existing one
- Complete and submit the application form along with your supporting documents
- If successful, you will be invited to check the openings published on VBB portal and apply for a chosen traineeship post.
Click on the button below to commence your application.
The Application Deadline is 31st August 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.