2023 FASPE Journalism Fellowship Programme
Applications for the FASPE Journalism Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. FASPE is an intensive, two-week study programme in professional ethics and ethical leadership.
Each year, FASPE Journalism awards fellowships to 14 to 16 journalism students and early-career journalists. Fellows spend two weeks in Berlin and Poland, where they visit key sites of Nazi history and participate in daily seminars led by specialized faculty. The programme couples the power of place with academic rigor and many informal opportunities for creative exchange.
Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE) is neither a Holocaust studies course, nor a genocide prevention programme. Rather, the curriculum is designed to challenge Fellows to critically examine constructs, current developments and issues that raise ethical concerns in their professions in contemporary settings in which they work.
FASPE Journalism challenges its Fellows to recognize their responsibility to act as ethical leaders in their careers in journalism and the media. FASPE begins by examining the actions and choices of German and international journalists in covering and supporting Nazi policies. FASPE then draws on this historical example to help Journalism Fellows grasp their role and responsibility as individuals with influence in their communities and to lead them to identify and confront the ethical issues currently facing journalists and media institutions at large.
FASPE Journalism Fellows examine topics such as:
- the complicity of German and foreign journalists in Nazi policies through inadequate coverage or outright misrepresentation of the crimes being committed
- the impact of technology on journalism
- the role of journalists in electoral politics and in holding power accountable
- the nature and propriety of advocacy journalism
- normalizing aberrant behavior through media coverage
- the challenge of reporting in an era in which fake news and accusations of “fake news” are common
- balancing the costs and benefits of access tactics to address ethical issues within the journalism community or media outlets
Eligibility For 2023 FASPE Journalism Fellowship Programme
- FASPE Journalism applicants must fit into one of the following two categories:
- have some journalistic experience (whether in a college newsroom or otherwise) and be enrolled in a graduate programme of any kind and planning to work as a journalist; OR
- be working as a journalist with less than 10 years of professional experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who have journalistic work that has been published or aired by a recognized news organization.
How To Apply
All applications are due by January 3, 2023 at 11:59pm EDT Applications must contain the following application components:
- Online form
- Short Essay Questions
- Letters of Recommendation
For more information, visit FASPE Journalism Fellowship.
The Application Deadline is 3rd January 2023
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.