The French Government AFD Digital Challenge For African Startups is dedicated to digital technology for cultural and creative industries.
The Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) are not only a place for entertainment, they are also a major lever for economic and social development.
The role of these industries goes beyond their mere potential for wealth creation, as they actively participate in strengthening social cohesion, inclusion, the valorisation of African cultures and the emancipation of citizens.
AFD Group continues to strengthen its support for African start-ups and digital players for the sixth consecutive year.
Since 2016, the annual objective of the AFD Digital Challenge has been to identify these projects, promote them and accelerate their development.
Requirements for 2023 French Government AFD Digital Challenge:
To be considered for the program, you must take note of the following:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Your digital project involves one of the six main sectors of activity of the Cultural and Creative Industries (mentioned above)
- Your project offers a digital solution to one of the following three challenges
- Transformation of the modes of production and consumption of cultural and creative goods and services
- Enhancing the value of African cultural heritage and legacies
- Promotion of inclusive access to cultural and creative content
- Your project is currently in the seed phase (prototyping or beginning of commercialization with an indicative annual turnover of 0 to 18 000€), or in the acceleration phase (economic model and user market established with an indicative annual turnover of 18 000 to 250 000€/year
- Your project has a legal structure based in one or more African countries
- Your project has a sustainable and autonomous economic model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution
All projects submitted must respect both the six targeted sectors and the three transversal issues mentioned below:
The six principal sectors of activity of the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Cultural and natural heritage: museums, historical places, archaeological sites, cultural landscapes, natural heritage
- Performing arts and festivities: performing arts, live music, dance, festivals, fairs and celebrations
- Visual arts and crafts: fine arts, photography, crafts
- Books and press: books, newspapers, magazines, libraries, book fairs
- Audiovisual and interactive media: film, TV and radio, streaming, podcasts, video games
- Design and creative services: architecture, fashion design, graphic design, interior design, advertising.
- Seed Funding for your project
- Funding for Project Development Phase
- International Visibility
- Customized Support
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.