2023 Get ready for Google Summer of Code
We are thrilled to announce the 2023 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program and share the timeline with you to get involved! 2023 will be our 19th consecutive year of hosting GSoC and we could not be more excited to welcome more organizations, mentors, and new contributors into the program.
With just three weeks left in the 2022 program, we had an exciting year with 958 GSoC contributors completing their projects with 198 open source organizations.
Our 2022 contributors and mentors have given us extensive feedback and we are keeping the big changes we made this year, with one adjustment around eligibility described below.
- Increased flexibility in project lengths (10-22 weeks, not a set 12 weeks for everyone) allowed many people to be able to participate and to not feel rushed as they wrapped up their projects. We have 109 GSoC contributors wrapping up their projects over the next three weeks.
- Choice of project time commitment there are now two options, medium at ~175 hours or large at ~350 hours, with 47% and 53% GSoC contributors, respectively.
- Our most talked about change was GSoC being open to contributors new to open source software development (and not just to students anymore). For 2023, we are expanding the program to be open to students and to beginners in open source software development.
Interested in applying to the Google Summer of Code Program?
Check out our website to learn what it means to be a participating organization. Watch our new GSoC Org Highlight videos and get inspired about projects that contributors have worked on in the past.
We encourage you to explore our website for other resources and continue to check for more information about the 2023 program.
You are welcome and encouraged to share information about the 2023 GSoC program with your friends, family, colleagues, and anyone you think may be interested in joining our community. We are excited to welcome many more contributors and mentoring organizations in the new year!
By Stephanie Taylor, Program Manager, and Perry Burnham, Associate Program Manager for the Google Open Source Programs Office
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.