2023 IIASA Science Communication Fellowship (€18,800 salary)
Applications are open for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Science Communication Fellowship 2023. The IIASA science communication fellowship is a highly competitive programme that immerses early-career science communicators in the dynamic work of the IIASA communications team.
The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, social media, video, and articles for IIASA magazine, Options. The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications and External Relations (CER) department, assisting with a variety of tasks including web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities. The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Programme (YSSP) and IIASA scientists, producing several pieces of work covering their research.
The 2023 Science Communication Fellowship runs from May 22 to September 1, 2023, and the selected candidates will be expected to be at the IIASA premises in Laxenburg, Austria for the full period.
A monthly salary based on an annual gross salary of EUR 18,800.00, which is exempt from income tax in Austria.
The advertised salary is:
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security.
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 IIASA Science Communication Fellowship (€18,800 salary)
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism programme.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a Member Organization. They encourage applications from developing countries.
- First experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia.
How To Apply
To apply, you will need to provide the following documents in English:
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation for applying
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- A letter of recommendation.
For more information, visit IIASA Fellowship.
The Application Deadline is 20th January 2023
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.