2023 Japan-Africa Investment Drive (JAID) for African Startups
Applications are open for the Japan-Africa Investment Drive (JAID) 2023. The Japan-Africa Investment Drive is a cohort-based investment accelerator that aims to “clinically” match high-potential African startups with suitable Japanese VCs and provide close support to both the startup and the investor throughout the engagement to maximize the prospect of investment.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Eight African Startups will be selected and supported for fundraising. Up to 15 active Japanese investors are expected to participate. There will be two months of intense engagements between Investors and startups.
- Potential direct Investment: 8 selected startups will be considered for direct investment from partner venture capital firm Japan strategic Capital (JSC) co.
- Warm intros: Selected startups will be introduced to a curated list of more than 15 Japanese VCs. Close support will also be provided during the engagement with investors, from scheduling meetings to translating pitch decks and proving translators during meetings with the investor.
- Fundraising support: Selected startups will be provided with comprehensive legal, cultural and administrative support throughout the fundraising process. Tailored (1-on-1) training and group seminars will also be provided on how to attract and close Japanese investment.
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 Japan-Africa Investment Drive (JAID) for African Startups
- Open to high-potential African startups.
- Startup should have an MVP and be investment ready.
How To Apply
- December 19, 2022: Applications close and 8 startups are selected.
- Investment accelerator, defining investment fit, Pitch refinement, Intro to Japanese venture space
- January 31, 2023: Demo day, Investor intros, Follow-up engagements
Are you fundraising? Apply to join the first cohort of JAID!
For more information, visit Japan-Africa Investment Drive.
The Application Deadline is 19th January 2023