The MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development in Africa was successfully launched in 2017, bringing to realisation our vision of developing young leaders who have a continent-wide development mindset and leaders who can facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
The Scholarship Programme enables African students to study in an African country other than their home country and in this way immerse themselves in richness and diversity that the country and its communities has to offer.
By broadening access to education, we see the expansion of openness to ideas and the creation of a network of like-minded leaders who will help promote the performance and tangible progress of our continent. There is no doubt that a more integrated African economy of global scale will accelerate growth, generate positive outcomes and benefit all its communities.
MINDS’ offers scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions (listed below). MINDS does not prescribe the course to be studied.
MINDS Scholarships are awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
Scholarship Reward & Duration
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the African continent, outside their home country are invited to apply for the scholarships.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.