2023 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme (Fully-funded to the U.S.)
Applications are open for the Miracle Corners of the World (MCW) Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme 2023. The Young Leaders Fellowship Programme is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity open to all young people between 18 – 26 from all over the world who wish to address community projects in the areas of education, health, and economic security.
The year-long programme prepares young people to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
MCW Global’s Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, to understand their local communities better. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a week-long intensive in-person training programme that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After the in-person training programme, participants return to their communities to spend ten months developing their action plans with virtual support from alumni mentors. The 2023 Young Leaders Fellowship will take place in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, from July 11 – 19, 2023.
Cost covered by MCW
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 10 – July 20, 2023
- Three meals per day from July 11 – July 19, 2023
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
Cost not covered by MCW
- Passport Fees
- Visa Fees
- In-Country Costs (travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
MCW requires all accepted participants to pay a $100 deposit fee by February 10, 2023. The deposit will be refunded to the participant in full on July 20, 2023, when they have successfully completed the in-person training programme of the Fellowship. The deposit is required to cover all costs MCW Global may incur should a participant cancel after March 1, 2023.
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
Young leaders must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2023);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (and be able to provide proof) or in case of an exemption from this requirement due to a medical reason, contact MCW Global Leadership directly for further steps;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation.
How To Apply
The application must be filled out in English. Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. They suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, review the terms and conditions.
For more information, visit MCW Young Leaders Fellowship.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.