2023 Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships For Young African Professionals
Open to: Africans, Entrepreneurs, Graduates, Leaders, Post Graduates, Youths
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships were established in 2011 to identify and mentor the future generation of outstanding African leaders.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Each year three Fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
Details Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships :
During their 12-month programs, Fellows gain both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. A special feature of the program is the opportunity to benefit from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organizations.
Fellows also become members of the Now Generation Network (NGN), through which they continue to contribute their skills and insights to building a better Africa.
The priority for the selection of the 2023 Mo Ibrahim Fellow is the Bank’s High 5 areas (lighting up and powering Africa; Feeding Africa; Industrializing Africa; Integrating Africa and Improving the quality of life for the people of Africa). The key competences are top notch professional experience in private sector and strong policy analytical skills at all levels and ability to run models. The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career or/and new executives.
The Fellow must:
- be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- age limit is forty (40) years for men and women and forty-five (45) years for women with children;
- have outstanding academic credentials backed by a minimum of a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in banking, business, economics or other social sciences, finance, international development, or in any other discipline relevant to the Bank’s business;
- have relevant and demonstrable work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- have at least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- have experience in strategic planning, project management and execution;
- have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- demonstrate strong ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data;
- excellent written and oral presentation skills;
- demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Duration and Reward
Each year three Fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the
- AfDB (Abidjan),
- ECA (Addis Ababa) or
- the ITC (Geneva),
with a stipend of $100,000.
Applicants must apply online by no later than 21 October 2022.
Applications will only be considered if they are
- submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
How To Apply
The 2023 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships applications open 22 August to 21 October 2022.
Fellowships are open to young professionals, mid-career and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree.