2023 Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program for Young African Leaders
Funded by the U.S. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and implemented by Meridian International Center, the Pan-African Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) engages participants from over 38 countries in Africa in a cultural exchange training program and US-based civic engagement.
To bring together the best PAYLP alumni and mentors from all cohorts and countries, the Pan-African Youth Leadership Program offers a unique program. This PAYLP All-Stars program is designed to offer talented, hard-working, and highly motivated PAYLP alumni the opportunity to spend three weeks in the United States for an intensive training and leadership development program between February and March 2023.
The program consists of a short orientation conference in Atlanta, Georgia, where participants will be welcomed and given an overview of the program, followed by a two-week community leadership program held in one of three US cities. During this part of the program, participants will receive leadership training, networking and volunteer opportunities, and cultural experiences.
The program will conclude with a closing forum in Washington, DC, where participants will present community action plans. At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for funding to implement their community action plan. This year’s PAYLP All-Stars will focus on the following skills:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Leadership Development
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Peacebuilding and conflict resolution
- Community activism
Eligibility Requirements for the Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program
- Be an adult mentor or youth participant alumni from any in-person or virtual PAYLP cohort 2013-2022.
- Be at least 18 years or older by the start of the program, on February 18, 2023.
- Be from one of the eligible countries including Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya , Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities in his/her university or community;
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service and extracurricular activities;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an in-person intensive program, community service, and active educational travel program during the exchange, as well as in follow-on activities afterward in their home countries, such as outreach to others in country cohort.
- Based in home country or show intent to return to support home community.
- Be in possession of a valid national passport or able to obtain one before January 1, 2023.
- Be willing and able to obtain a covid vaccination for travel.
- Strong candidates will be active in the PAYLP network, have completed a successful project supporting their community.
- Not be employed by the US Embassy.
- *Participants with diverse backgrounds and skills are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities.*
How To Apply Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program:
- WHAT: 3-Week Advanced Leadership Exchange in the United States
- WHEN: February – March 2023
- WHO: PAYLP AlumniHOW TO APPLY:
- Application Opens: September 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM ET
- Application Closes: October 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET
- Application must be submitted through our Formsite link:
For More Information:
The Application Deadline is 1st October 2022
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.