2023 Poster Design Contest for International Compost Awareness Week ($500 prize)
Each year, the International Compost Awareness Week Committee holds a poster contest to pick a new design for the annual poster. There is a new theme for ICAW, which is highlighted on the poster as well as the dates for ICAW, which will be May 7 – 13, 2023. The contest is open to anyone in the world age 14 or older.
The 2023 International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) theme is truly a collaborative and international effort. This year, we teamed up with the International Compost Alliance (ICA) to select: For Healthier Soil, Healthier Food…Compost! The theme was chosen based on a serious world-wide issue that every nation, unfortunately, experiences: hunger.
One of the initiatives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), is Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture. As part of the ICAW committee’s global discussion with our international partners around the world, we spoke the same language, and all wanted to promote a unified theme – aligning a topic important to each country while emphasizing our work with compost.
The chosen 2023 theme best reflects the goal of focusing on how compost can have a role in helping feed the world, by making soil healthier which produces healthier food. How does compost help? By recycling organics into compost and using it on our farmlands we create healthy soils that produce healthier food and higher yields. It also reduces the need for fertilizer and pesticides, improves water quality and conserves water, as well as stores carbon in soil – helping to reduce climate change.
Requirements for Design Contest for International Compost Awareness Week 2023:
- Only one entry per person
- Size is 12” wide X 18” vertical (this is in inches)
- Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format
- Poster contains the theme, For Healthier Soil, Healthier Food…Compost!
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week
- Poster contains May 7 – 13, 2023
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme and International Compost Awareness Week and May 7 – 13, 2023 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
The competition will be judged on the following criteria (40 points maximum):
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- Marketability of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.
The overall winner will receive a $500 prize.
How To Apply
For you to join the contest Apply Here.
The Application deadline is 1st November 2022