Applications are open for the TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023. The Fellowships are tenable at the departments and laboratories of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS have established this fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in a field of the natural and related applied sciences in the departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Turkey and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to Turkey and from Turkey to researchers’ home/living country and will also cover visa related expenses.
- TÜBİTAK will be responsible for a monthly allowance to cover accommodation and living expenses and private health insurance premiums in Turkey at an amount to be specified by TÜBİTAK.
- The study fees, including tuitions, registration and research costs, should be waived or covered by the host institutes.
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- Applicant must be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South.
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging countries (STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply. Developing countries that are not in the list are also eligible to apply.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Turkey or any developed country.
- Be employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there. Applicants must provide a Supporting Statement from the head/director of the applicant’s current employer according to the format of TÜBİTAK. The supporting statement is to support the candidate’s application and prove that s/he will be given leave if awarded.
- Hold a PhD degree in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields specified below);
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on December 31 of the application year;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from an eligible department, institution or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey, or TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- NB. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s) in Turkey, and NOT to TÜBİTAK. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection. The acceptance letter must be signed by the highest authority of the chosen host institute. The maximum number of academic advisors in Turkey can be 2 (two).
- Candidates who received their PhD from a university in Turkey are required to receive an acceptance letter from a university other than the one where they received their doctorate degree, and carry out their research with an academic advisor(s) other than their doctoral thesis advisor.
- Provide the Research proposal form prepared in the format determined by TÜBİTAK.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English. If medium of education was not English: provide evidence in English, e.g. standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a University-issued letter certifying the knowledge of the language. If medium of education was English, please write a brief statement indicating what type of education was in English, e.g. high school, BSc or MSc degrees, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Not have previously received or been awarded a fellowship under this programme.
- Must return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
Eligible fields under the programme are the following:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell. & Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems & Organisms
- Medical & Health Sciences, including Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space & Earth Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology.
How To Apply
Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted by any other means except via the online application form.
For more information, visit TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.