Applications are open for the Vanderbilt University Global Anesthesiology Fellowship 2023. The goal of the fellowship is to recruit and train anesthesiologists committed to transformative clinical, research and teaching impact at sites around the globe to address gaps in worldwide anesthesia care.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
To accomplish this, they have developed an innovative curriculum that capitalizes on the strengths of the University’s internationally recognized expertise and global partnerships.
This innovative fellowship incorporates clinical service at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and may be customized according to your interests. It may be completed in one or two years, depending on your goals. If a two-year fellowship is chosen, completion of a Master of Public Health degree (MPH) is an option through the Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health.
- Clinical duties consistent with the rotation
- Call – Fellowship rotations
- Call will be minimal, but will be assigned in accordance with departmental needs and will not exceed more than one call a week
- Global anesthesia societies and organizations
- The fellow will actively participate in local, state, and national organizations involving the advancement of responsible and transparent global anesthesia, including the Alliance for Surgery and Anesthesia Presence
- Simulation training for residents planning an overseas rotation
- The fellow will assist with teaching within the simulation programme
- The fellow will receive a salary equivalent to the Clinical Instructor rank, distributed over a 12 month period.
- HR benefits
- Relocation allowance: $2,000 for single person/$3,000 per family
- Vacation: 4 weeks
- CME days: 1 week
- CME account
- iPad provided at fellowship start
Eligibility Requirement for 2023 Vanderbilt University Global Anesthesiology Fellowship
- Applicants must have completed an approved internship and Anesthesiology residency at an ACGME-accredited programme prior to starting the fellowship.
- Applicants must express a desire to learn about and experience global anesthesia, and contribute an effort to expanding the research in the global burden of surgical disease and/or the global anesthesia crisis.
- Applicants must be board-eligible or board-certified.
How To Apply
These are the required documents to complete your application:
- Application form
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Reference letter from residency program director or current director, and two other current references
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of residency diploma
- In-Service Training Exam Scores
- Current medical license (U.S. or other)
- Documentation of all three steps of USMLE
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
Scanned electronic applications via email in .pdf, .jpg. or .docx format are the preferred submission mode, but faxed or mailed material will be accepted. For application purposes, emailed references are acceptable. Signed originals must be provided on acceptance into the programme.
This application should be emailed to: [email protected] or it may be faxed to: 615-936-6493
Applications will also be accepted by mail at:
Global Health Fellowship Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, 1211 Medical Center Drive 2301, Vanderbilt University Hospital Nashville, TN 37232
For more information, visit Global Anesthesiology Fellowship.
The Application Deadline is 15th January 2023