2023 World Food Prize George Washington Carver Internship for International Students
The World Food Prize Foundation’s George Washington Carver Internship is an unparalleled professional opportunity for students interested in global issues of hunger, poverty, and development.
George Washington Carver (GWC) Interns learn first-hand both the public and private side of operating an international non-profit organization and increase their understanding of the international fight against hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
Working one-on-one with a staff mentor, GWC Interns become an integral part of this internationally renowned organization and interact with World Food Prize Laureates, government officials, international experts in science and agriculture, leaders in industry and business, and members of local and national media. GWC Interns come from a variety of academic disciplines and internship roles will be specialized according to an individual’s background, skills, and area of interest.
Interns can work on-site in Des Moines, Iowa, or remotely and are compensated with a stipend of $1,500 per internship period. World Food Prize Foundation accepts interns for the Spring, Summer or Fall period and is currently accepting for the Spring. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, preferred deadline December 16th.
To be considered for the internship, you must:
- Open to highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students;
- Applicant must have a strong academic background, a solid work ethic, a capacity for analytical thinking, impeccable attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- They are enthusiastic and flexible learners, capable of both taking direction and working independently;
- Applicants must be proficient in English to be considered for placement.
Duration and Reward
- Interns can work on-site in Des Moines, Iowa, or remotely and are compensated with a stipend of $1,500 per internship period.
Each academic semester and summer, a select group of highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students is chosen for this unique program, which provides interns with the opportunity to take significant responsibility and initiative in planning and carrying out a wide range of the Foundation’s projects in the following areas:
- ARCHIVAL AWARDS & LECTURES MANAGEMENT
- COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS & GRASSROOTS EFFORTS
- EVENT PLANNING GRAPHIC DESIGN
- INTERNATIONAL EVENTS
- YOUTH PROGRAMMING & EDUCATION
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
The Application Deadline is 16th December 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.