OGAP Oil & Gas Internship program is an opening for young Nigerians to attend an industry-appointed college for 21 months, gaining various qualifications.
Being an apprentice allows you to gain recognised qualifications, combined with practical training with some of the world’s most innovative oil and gas companies.
The Oil and Gas Technical Apprentice Programme (OGTAP), managed by OPITO and the ECITB, is recognized as one of the most successful apprenticeship schemes of its kind.
Established in 1999, the scheme continues to grow in stature and offers a reputable learning experience whilst providing the oil and gas industry with suitably skilled, trained, and motivated technicians.
OGTAP apprentices have the opportunity to gain recognized qualifications, combined with practical training hosted by OGTAP sponsoring companies.
The program is offered in four key disciplines:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Electrical Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Process Operations
- Instrumentation and Control Maintenance
To be considered for the OGTAP Oil & Gas Internship Program, you must:
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the OGTAP Scheme. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply). ALSO NOTE THAT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- Must be 16-35 years of age by May of the year of applying,
- Ordinary Level (O’ Level) WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or NBAIS – either external (GCE) or internal and must have a credit grade C in the following subjects.
- One Other
- We will also consider your application if you have the below qualifications in Engineering, Science, and other related fields.
- Diploma (OND & Others)
- Higher National Diploma (HND, NCE & Others)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSC/BENG & Others)
- Post Graduate (PGD/MSC/PHD & Others)
We welcome applications from anybody who meets the entry requirements with an interest in pursuing a career in this field.
Duration and Benefits
Apprentices attend an industry-appointed college for 21 months, gaining various qualifications including:
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 2 (Performing Engineering Operation)
- National Certificate (multi-discipline)
- Higher National Certificate (allocated discipline)
- OPITO Global Standards – Oil and Gas Level 2
After college, OGTAP apprentices spend two years with a sponsoring energy company where they receive expert training and mentoring, gaining industry-specific skills as well as an SVQ Level 3 in their chosen discipline.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 30th November, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.